Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content


MEA Cares is a source of confidential help designed to assist in resolving personal problems. It provides counseling, educational information, and will aid you in finding solutions to everyday problems.

Important! You must register to go further in the site by using the company code MEAS-SFBLI.  You may use an alias to register if you don't want to use your name.

Sometimes it's a nameless, indefinable feeling of sadness. Or it could be an emotional crisis related to a deep personal loss. Perhaps it's a struggle resulting from an addiction. Or maybe life just feels complicated and overwhelming.

Whatever reason may be behind a person's difficulty, talking in confidence to a caring counselor can be the first step toward bringing the world back into focus. Counselors can help move people grappling with difficult life issues toward wholeness and health.

To contact MEA Cares EAP, call 601-898-7520.


Q. What is EAP?
A. The Employee Assistance Program is a benefit provided by Southern Farm Bureau to help employees resolve job-related, personal and family problems.

Q. Who can use EAP services?
A. EAP is provided for employees of Southern Farm Bureau and their dependents.

Q. Why would I need EAP?
A. The Employee Assistance Program can help you when things in life are not as they should be and you want help to get back on track.

Q. Will anyone know I am going through counseling?
A. No, it is strictly confidential.

Q. What topics and issues can be discussed through EAP?
A. Counseling for depression, stress, anxiety and panic attacks, obsessive compulsive disorder, suicidal tendencies, bipolar disorder, alcohol abuse, drug dependency, marriage and family issues, and child and adolescent behavior issues.

Q. Do I have to pay for this counseling?
A. No, the EAP program is a benefit provided by Southern Farm Bureau for you and your dependents.

Q. Do I need to make an appointment?
A. Yes, you will need to make an appointment with a counselor from MEA Cares. Please call 601-898-7520 to schedule your appointment.

Q. What are the directions to MEA Cares?
A. Take the Old Agency Exit (#105C) in Ridgeland. At Highland Colony Parkway, take the roundabout to the left (south). MEA Cares is 1.1 miles on the left. Turn left between the columns that say "Corporate Center."